Claire Weiss – M.A. , RCC
When you get your 'Who am I?' question right, all of your 'What should I do?' questions tend to take care of themselves.
- Richard Rohr -
Just by finding this site, know that you have already begun the process of healing.
My greatest joy is watching my clients become more fully themselves. As a counsellor, I offer you a professional relationship that is deeply accepting and non-judgemental, but also objective and truthful. The issues that bring you to therapy likely started in the context of relationship, and so need to be healed in the context of relationship. My expertise is in creating a very specific type of relationship with you, that catalyzes healing and change. This process is unique to each person – no single approach is the right fit for everybody – so I am experienced and trained in a wide range of techniques and modalities to accommodate your specific needs.
Healing can and does happen in a therapeutic relationship. In my sessions I have seen clients:
• Develop more connected, satisfying relationships
• Stabilize emotionally; feel more peaceful and have more joy in life
• Improve self-esteem and self-acceptance
• Develop healthy relationship boundaries
• Reduce or eliminate addictions & compulsive behaviours
• Reduce or eliminate chronic pain
• Grieve and let go of the past
• Learn to trust themselves
I have a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Victoria, and a Master’s in Clinical Counselling from Trinity Western University. I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors. My areas of interest and specialization are addictions & compulsive behaviours, anxiety & depression, chronic pain, and impact of trauma.
My experience has included serving clients and the general public as:
• Graduate Program Course Instructor – Addictions Counselling
• Supervisor of Student Counselling Services at a private post-secondary institution
• Clinical Addictions Counsellor at a world-class residential addiction treatment facility in Koh Chang, Thailand
• Program Director of a private women’s residential addiction treatment facility
• A frequent presenter of professional development seminars and workshops, speaking at community agencies in areas of addiction, anxiety, trauma, and healthy relationships
• Public motivational speaker on living well in long-term recovery
I offer individual therapy at a rate of $120.00 per 50 minute session. Couples therapy sessions are $180.00 per 75 minute session. In some circumstances I am able to offer telephone / video counselling, which is billed at a rate of $2.45/minute. For new clients, I offer a 20 minute introductory phone consultation at no charge. Session fees are due at each session and are payable by cash, cheque, e-transfer, PayPal or credit card.
New clients please contact me directly for any inquiries or to book first session.
Initial session is not bookable online.
(current clients only)
Please fill out the form below for any inquiries or to book an appointment